Sinaia is one of the most famous and oldest mountain tourist resorts in Romania, known as "The Carpathian Pearl". Situated in breathtaking mountain scenery, Sinaia is located at 120 km distance from Bucharest, on the Prahova Valley. Blending astonishing beauty of nature with picturesque architecture, Sinaia is a formal royal residence and bears a holy name, that of Mount Sinai.
The 15th International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing will be hosted by Hotel Palace, built in 1911 and located closely to the downtown and within walking distance to the Sinaia Monastery and Peles Castle (one of the bestpreserved royal palaces in Europe which served as the summer residence of the first king of Romania, Carol I). This stylish hotel is the best choice for fashionable tourists, for conferences and meetings.
How to get to Sinaia
- By train: http://www.infofer.ro/;
- By airplane: the closest airports are located to Bucharest:
- "Henri Coanda" Otopeni (http://www.otp-airport.ro/)
- "Aurel Vlaicu" Baneasa (http://www.baneasa-airport.ro/)
- "Henri Coanda Express" trains make the connection between "Henri Coanda" Otopeni Airport and North Railway Station in Bucharest; for more information please follow
- Shuttle bus no. 780 - express connection between "Henri Coanda" Otopeni Airport and North Railway Station in Bucharest
- By car
- Sinaia map
Hotel Palace (3* and 4*) and Hotel Caraiman (2*) will apply reduced fee. The participants should contact personally the hotels administration (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) mentioning that they are ICSTCC 2011 attendants.
For other choices of hotel reservation please consult the following link: http://www.brasovtravelguide.ro/en/sinaia/accommodations/hotels.php